Posted: 14th November 2019
Salary: £22000 - £25000 per annum
Do you want to work for a company who treats its employees the way it treats its customers, with respect, integrity and a commitment to getting things right?
Do you have a strong background in warehouse management or supervising a team in a warehouse/ production or similar environment?
If so, we want to hear from you!!
Mploy Staffing solutions, operating as a recruitment agency are supporting a market leading, world class manufacturer supplying a selection of premium heating, cooling, and air-cooling products to industrial and commercial businesses.
The role of Warehouse Supervisor will involve the following;
Responsibility for the operation of the Goods In section of the Warehouse. Supporting the Logistics Team leader in the day-to-day operation of the warehouse. Provide line management to the team, coordinating their workloads, providing support to ensure that the team delivers, monitoring any issues, and ensuring production targets, KPIs, and quality standards are met in order to meet the requirements of the customer. Develop the team by focusing on individual performance and support requirements to achieve high standards.
The hours of the role are 39 hours a week 07.30-16.30 Monday-Thursday, 07;30-12.30 Friday or 8.00-16.30 mon-Thurs- 08.00-15.30 Friday
The specifics of the role;
- Assist in running an efficient warehouse operation which can fulfil operational and customer demand and meet set targets
- Ensure the delivery of materials to production lines in accordance with production schedules
- Train new Warehouse operatives within area of responsibility
- Ensure inventories in area of responsibility are accurate
- Ensure stock movements are recorded accurately
- Support organising and participate in stock takes at regular intervals
- Ensure that any computerised or automated systems are accurate and up to date
- Identify any systems improvements and make recommendations for change
- Where possible resolve any issues or problems which occur in the warehouse. Where appropriate elevate the issue to a more senior level
- Produce regular reports and statistics as and when required
- Review ways to reduce waste
- Assist in planning future capacity requirements
- Ensure that health and safety meet the required standards and carry out risk assessments
- Manage time and attendance for operatives within area of responsibility and support the Logistics Team Leader with people management issues
- Communicate with staff on a regular basis to make them aware of priorities, targets and operational requirements
- Support with recruitment and train staff as well as monitor performance and progress to ensure targets are met
- Report progress updates, key achievements and any concerns to the Warehouse Supervisor and/or Manager
Skills and Attributes:
- Supervisory and Team Leader skills with the ability to motivate, develop and supervise others
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills, spreadsheets and databases and a knowledge of warehouse systems
- Analytical and numerical
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality
- Good planning skills and able to meet targets and deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
The salary range: 22 – 25k
Benefits: Pension/life assurance/cycle to work scheme