Posted: 7th August 2019
Salary: Up to £10.40 per hour
Our client based within the rural landscapes of North Dorset is looking for a production/ warehouse operative who could join their team on permanent basis.
This role is based in a factory environment and it is a complex position that will involve working in both production and warehouse departments with the production department being the main workplace, while tasks in the warehouse would need to be performed less often (depending on the workload in despatch/ goods-in area).
Initial, 4 -6 weeks training in both warehouse and production departments will be given.
Due to various shift patters in both units, you would need to be able to cover following shifts: 06:00-14:30 / 09:30-18:00/ 06:00-14:00.
Your responsibilities as a production operative would involve, but not be limited to:
- Working on production lines with various products
- Packing and boxing product
- Adhering to all hygiene and H&S rules
- Ensuring that all manufactured goods meet the quality criteria
The responsibilities as a warehouse operative would cover mostly:
- Loading and unloading containers and lorries
- Picking and packing of stock as per each client’s instructions
- Receipt of incoming goods and the movement of stock within the different warehouse locations
- Using the company MRP and stock taking system
Current Counterbalance and Reach FLT license is required.
Other requirements are:
- Relevant factory or warehouse environment experience
- A good understanding of MRP and inventory control management
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding supplier focused working environment
- Ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Relevant IT skills in basic office applications – outlook, excel and word
- Ability to work in an environment that is fluid with constantly changing priorities
If you feel that this is the role for you then please send us your application or call our office for more details.