Posted: 11th January 2021
Salary: Up to £19500 per annum
Our client based in Poole is looking for someone to join their team as a Commodities Technician to contribute to the profitable success of the site by removing parts from vehicles in a damage-free fashion.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Safely drain fluids and gasses from scrap vehicles
- Removing wheels, tyres, batteries, and identifiers
- Removing engine ancillaries for core sale
- Removing catalytic converters
- Split tyres from rims and sort / grade recovered tyres for potential resale
- Strip internal wires and electrical looms
- Compliance with manual handling guidelines
- Meeting agreed targets for removal of parts
- Maintaining good housekeeping practices ensuring area is always clean and tidy
Applicants will ideally have experience of working in vehicle mechanics, a Level 1 or above in vehicle mechanics would be a distinct advantage. You must have a strong basic knowledge of vehicle parts and be confident in dealing with a wide variety of car makes and models.
You will also be reliable, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in your work; previous experience forklift driving would be a distinct advantage.
This is an entry level role, whilst a level 1 or 2 mechanics qualification would be preferred, we will consider applications from people with experience of working on cars in their own time.
Immediate start available for this temporary to permanent role, Monday to Friday 08:00 am till 17:00 pm. Salary of 19,500 per annum + discretionary bonus after probation.
For more information, please call Jon at Mploy Christchurch.