Posted: 2nd September 2019
Salary: £25000 - £35000 per annum
Working as part of a small team,, your work will involve supporting clients who are mainly based in Dorset and along the M4 corridor and midlands.
Mostly your work will be carried out from your home, with occasional trips to client sites, when required. Your principal duties and responsibilities will include:
- To deliver projects including and not limited to Cloud migration
- To deliver new software and hardware solutions to clients, as specified and planned
- To support and maintain Cloud integrations
- To perform all work necessary for server configurations
- To resolve networking infrastructure issues
- Provide consultancy services to customers in support of MD
- To provide technical pre-sales support, including but not limited to building quotes and creating defined scope of works documents for client projects
- Delivering cyclical and routine Back Up, Disaster Recovery and Endpoint Security tasks for clients
- Log calls and create tickets on the Helpdesk system keeping up-to-date client records
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all Company procedures
- Interact with customers, staff and external third parties, quickly gaining the respect of others, both colleagues and customers at all levels
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with issues, keeping clients updated and providing feedback on progress of logged issues
- Provide on-site support to customers as and when required
- Resolve escalated, complex client issues
- Perform testing and to support all aspects of testing and acceptance for given projects
- Evaluate user needs and system functionality, ensuring that IT facilities meet these needs
- Assist with updates and renewals for software maintenance
- Support clients in the use of computer equipment by providing training when necessary
- Teamwork with other personnel to develop and implement technical processes as required
- Find innovative ways of improving IT services and identify technical advances to support customer’s benefits and opportunities for new business
- Keep up to date with changes in IT legislation relevant to role
- Install equipment or software
- Ensure the smooth running and maximum availability of all IT systems, including email provision, print services and telephones (mobile and fixed)
- Ensure the security of systems and data from internal and external attack
- Manage situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems
- Attend necessary training courses in order to build competence in providing technical assistance and support to customers
- Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved
- Carry out any other duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
There are some essential requirements for this role:
You need to be Microsoft Certified Professional (or have achieved some substantial and relevant units) and have a full driving licence.
Also essential is that you can demonstrate experience in delivering customer-facing support, preferably to different clients; covering a wide range of software and hardware, including but not limited to Microsoft Windows 7,8,10 and Mac OS, HP, Lenovo and Dell
You should be able to demonstrate, with examples, that you have managed and delivered customer-facing IT projects
Also desirable is that you are CISCO Certified CCNA.
The hours of work are 09:00 – 17:30, with 1 hour lunch break, Monday to Friday.
Annual leave is 28 days including Bank Holidays