Posted: 15th November 2022
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum
Our client based in Poole has an immediate requirement for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join their busy management team to provide strategic direction to the procurement and planning teams.
As the supply chain manager, you will be responsible for leading the supply chain & planning strategy. You will be expected to review the current strategy and make recommendations that will result in improvements in cost, quality and service.
Procurement duties will include:
- New Product Introduction and procurement life cycle management (including obsolescence management)
- Global sourcing policy
- Improve percentage of vendors on Long-Term Agreements and ensure strong SRM
- Supply Chain Risk Management
- Support Supplier Quality Management, including vendor assessment
- Support Import, export and logistic partners
- Improvement of stock turn increases through VMI & Consignment
Planning duties will include:
- Make vs buy
- Sales & Operational Planning including strategic and tactical planning
- Sales, demand and material planning
- Stock level determination and forecasting
- Labour and capacity planning
Applicants will be CIPS or APICS qualified or time served, must have senior management experience within a manufacturing & engineering environment, have process analysis, design and improvement experience, be capable of data analysis / BI creation and interpretation, an effective communicator at all levels of the business, budget creation, tracking and delivery, advanced working knowledge of MRP & ERP systems, personnel management experience inc. team development & performance management and stock profiling and demand forecasting.
This is a permanent position with an organisation who can offer fantastic development and progression opportunities for the right person over the next few years. There is an immediate start available for this full-time position, working hours from Monday to Friday, 37.50 hours per week; the starting salary will be £50k to £55k per annum dependent on ability and experience.
For more information, please contact Jon @ Mploy on 01202 478278.