Posted: 7th November 2018
We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, capable and experienced Stores and Transport Supervisor to join friendly and hardworking team.
Your job will fulfil many roles and is a great opportunity to join a growing business with the perfect chance for you to take ownership & really make a difference. Ideally have experience in a Stores related role, a basic understanding of stores, packing and manufacturing operations and the ability to demonstrate competence to successfully carry out the requirements of the role
- Controlling stock in Stores.
- Collecting, weighing and recording goods produced on factory floor.
- Processing customer sales orders.
- Preparing shipments for despatch.
- Organizing transport, creating shipment labels and loading lorries using a Fork Lift Truck.
- Liaising with customers by phone and email to fulfil their requirements.
- Using Sage 50 accounting package to create despatch notes and invoices.
- Keeping the stores in an organized and tidy manner.
- Monthly stocktakes.
- Communicating with other members of the team to ensure customer’s requirements are met.
- Meeting with transport representatives to get best economical service.
- Checking transport company invoices.
- You will need to be enthusiastic, motivated, hands on with a “can do attitude”.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Full driving licence.
- Competent in the use of office IT systems e.g. MS word, excel & email packages
- Physically fit as a lot of box lifting is involved.
- Hold a fork Lift driving certificate – Counterbalance (essential) and Pivot Aislemaster (ideal)
- Willing to have a flexible lunch and tea-break.
- Good numerical skills.
Working hours are Mon-Thurs 7.00am – 5.00pm ( hr unpaid lunch), Friday 7.00am – 1pm (44hr week)
Salary up to 25k DOE.