Posted: 17th October 2017
Reference: shift manager
Due to company expansion our client based in Poole is currently looking to recruit a Shift Manager to support and deliver the manufacturing Business Plan.
The purpose of the role will be to ensure functional and employee conformance to Company policies, procedures and work standards as well as current manufacturing legislation.
The Shift Manager will have full responsibility for optimising the manufacturing production area, productivity, monitoring KPIs’ and supporting continuous improvements. You will be also accountable for developing department performance, supporting change initiatives, product quality, data accuracy and ensuring standard operating procedures are current and in line with industry best practice.
The role has management responsibility so you must:
- have excellent people management & communication skills to positively engage with your team and others across the business.
- be pro-active and confident to challenge the norm,
- be solution & results driven and able to present a vision to the team,
- be proactive and able implement the change needed to achieve results.
- have ability to work professionally at all levels,
- have commercial awareness,
- be able to deal confidently with all situations,
- have good numerical and clerical skills,
- have good IT skills & be familiar with Microsoft Office and able to effectively use CI tools and techniques,
- be aware of Health & Safety obligations
- ideally have relevant qualification as a Production Engineer HNC (or equivalent) or above, although relevant experience without the formal qualification will be considered.
Company will provide extra training and support to ensure all production standards are maintained to the highest possible level.
As Shift Manager you would be required to provide 24/7 support and your working hours will be rotating between 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm, 10pm to 6am.
- Great Salary (will be dependent on your skills and experience)
- Holidays are 25 days + 8 Bank Holidays
- Health Care Cover
Please email your CV or contact Karolina @ Mploy in Poole for more details.