Posted: 9th October 2020
Salary: £11.40 - £11.43 per hour
We are immediately seeking a Senior Test & Assembly Technician to join the team based in Hurn. You will Under minimal supervision be able to follows process instructions, drawing, test and repair schedules, to assemble, test and repair product and customer returns, to the requirements of the quality management system, and to achieve company and customer requirements.
* Assemble components to a final configured product utilizing process and drawing instructions and blueprints and specialized tooling and fixtures, measuring equipment and hand tools.
* Repair and test product utilizing test procedures, drawings, specialized tooling, fixtures measuring equipment and hand tools, incorporating ECN as required.
* Evaluate customer returns to determine repair actions required to satisfy customer requirement and product build standard.
* Fault find product to sub-assembly level utilizing drawings and basic test equipment, and may fault find to component level utilizing circuit diagrams.
* Stage inspection of product at required interval to verify accuracy of work. May final inspect product to relevant dispatch processes and sign release paperwork prior to delivery to customer.
* Provides training and support to others as required.
* Perform routine minor maintenance.
You will have:
* Time served Engineering Apprenticeship or 2 years relevant experience in electronic/pneumatics engineering and electrical/mechanical assembly techniques with a proven track record of competence to successfully carry out the requirements of the role.
* A working knowledge of MRP systems and Production Control systems and Advanced Manufacturing Techniques.
* Computer literate with some working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
This is an ongoing temporary opportunity to be assess monthly, 37 hours per week.