Posted: 31st August 2018
Salary: £8.50 - £9.45 per hour
Mploy Staffing Solutions are working in partnership with our prestigious client Sunseeker International, a global manufacturer of luxury motor yachts based on the beautiful south coast of England. Ranging from 48 to 155 feet, all Sunseeker craft are built to an exacting standard of quality and refinement, which has elevated Sunseeker to be the leading designer and manufacturer of luxury motor yachts across the globe.
We are looking for talented individuals that share Sunseeker’s passion and desire to produce the finest quality motor yachts in the world. Therefore successful applicants must have the following attributes and skills.
- Experience of working to a high standard of finish
- A desire to work in pressurised, fast paced, construction environment
- High attention to detail
- Flexibility, the ability to adapt to varied tasks
- Conscientious attitude to work
- Punctual and reliable
Mploy are currently recruiting for the following position:
Semi Skilled Electricians
Various backgrounds will be considered from electrical installation, aerospace, MOD, qualifications (NVQ), some experience within fitting, automotive,. Must be able to read technical drawings.
Sunseeker Electricians work in small teams to fit out all electrical systems on board the Sunseeker range which includes boats from 48 to 155 feet. Typical tasks include the installation of cable management systems (trays and trunking), drilling and cutting penetrations through GRP and Ply bulkheads, running pre-prepared cables/looms through the boat, terminating cables, crimping and creating looms, installing and connecting batteries, mounting and installing components, installing NMEA navigation systems and various audio/visual systems.
The pay rate structure for the position is as follows:
Starting rate between 8.50 – 9.45 p/h depending on experience. Overtime is paid at 1.5 above worked 40 hour.
The hours of work will be:
7am – 3:15pm
Double time will be paid for Sundays (Please note that to receive double time pay on Sunday 44 hours must have been worked between Monday and Saturday) and bank holidays (provided standard hours have been worked).
Upon successful completion of the temporary assignment, Sunseeker may offer a permanent position, which includes the following benefits.
- Non-contributory pension contributions
- 22 days annual leave increasing to 25 days after 4 years service
- Overtime when available
- Private health care insurance (after 4 years service)
- Private dental scheme (after 4 years service)
- Sick pay scheme
- Life cover
- Legal advice helpline
- Onsite canteen facilities
- Safe working environment (ISO 18001 accredited)
- Central working location to public transport
- Sports and social club
- Training and career progression with this global business.