Posted: 12th February 2020
A full time permanent position for an experienced maintenance technician is currently available to join our food manufacturing client based in Andover, Hampshire.
This role will be responsible for the delivery of a practical, proactive hands-on maintenance service, focusing on basic building, plumbing and general maintenance tasks.
This role will be based around normal office hours (40 hours per week) with some flexibility that may be required if some repairs need to be carried out urgently etc.
Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Carry out minor repairs to building decoration and fabric
- Proactively anticipate potential safety hazards and be prepared to undertake any emergency actions required.
- Point of contact for contractors coming onto site including site inductions
- Helping to ensure that the building is safe and compliant with all relevant regulations and legislation
- Assist in updating the CAFM and utilising it to organise service and maintenance
- Carrying out building and equipment surveys and identify areas that may require specialist maintenance or repair
- Assist in ensuring the integrity of the interior and exterior of the building
- General handy person tasks and duties
- Assist with fire marshal duties
- Deliver general service tasks such as daily and weekly checks, weekly flushes, monthly water temperature checks in accordance with the legionells management policy
- Carryout daily service checks on the trade effluent plant
- Any other duties as required
Key skills & qualifications:
- Building management experience
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Experience of managing contractors
- Qualification (or aiming towards) in Facilities Management (Desirable)