Posted: 16th January 2023
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Our client, a leader in their field, has an immediate opportunity for an R&D Engineer to work in their Bournemouth manufacturing unit. As a part of the Research and Development team, this position will report to the Global R&D Manager for Atomisation.
Under the direction of the Global R&D Manager (Atomisation), the Atomisation R&D Engineer will, as part of a multi-disciplined team, be responsible for the development of application equipment used in applying a wide range of protective & decorative coatings. The role will focus on supporting the development of single & two fluid atomisers, utilizing single & multiphase CFD simulation tools.
This role is focused on the development and improvement of the CFD tools and capabilities of the R&D department and correlating improvements to application development.
- Perform CFD R&D activities. Development and improvement of current CFD simulation methodologies and numerical methods for single and multi-phase flows
- Experimental work to correlate simulation and real-life results
- Academic and commercial research in order to exploit the latest advancements in CFD technology and processes
- Correlate latest research CFD approaches to current industrial applications
- Develop and automate the CFD workflow. Define the CFD CAD requirements, CFD simulation methodology and post processing of the results
- Create a link between the Global R&D teams and share resources by understanding their needs and requirements
- Promoting wider awareness and understanding of the CFD capabilities across the Global R&D organization
- Present findings and create a learning repository for future reference and archive of theoretical and simulation projects
Applicants must have a Degree in Mechanical Engineering and preferably some post-graduate experience, qualification / research using CFD techniques and numerical methods, knowledge and experience of CFD software development, experience of using industrial flow solvers and CAD packages and a proven high standard of technical ability and fundamental understanding of fluid mechanics.
This is a permanent position with an immediate start available for the right candidate. The hours of work will be Mon to Thurs 08:30 am till 17:15 pm & Fri 08:30 am till 12:45 pm (37.25 hours per week). The salary will be commensurate with experience, but up to £45,000 per annum.
For more information, please call Mploy Christchurch on 01202 478278.