Posted: 22nd November 2019
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus & Pension
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Quality Manager to join our busy manufacturing client near Lymington. High quality products are very much an integral part of the companies brand which makes this a key role to the company.
The role holder will be responsible for:
- Advising the Managing Director on both company and process level Quality issues; overall leadership of the Quality function through defining a coherent, yet practical, approach which projects and maintains the importance of quality as an integral part of our company culture.
- Management of the Quality department, laboratory and staff who sample, test and assure the quality of our products.
- Direct liaison with customers over quality issues.
- Using conceptual knowledge of quality to analyse and gather data on the quality performance of our production processes.
- Working within our factory and production environment to implement a quality enhancement approach with permanent solutions (rather than short term fixes) that raise quality standards across the company.
- Advising the production department over adjustments to manufacturing processes which are causing quality concerns.
- Working in partnership with our Technical department who are responsible for NPD formulation, trialling products and scaling up mixes for factory production.
Applicants must have a background in managing quality in a factory or production environment and designing processes that meet QMS/ISO requirements. Formal training in quality and quality management, probably through accreditation to IQA or CQI Professional or Practitioner levels would be a distinct advantage. Familiarity with the implementation and practical use of Quality Control and Quality Management tools and techniques.
Applicants may well also have worked with implementing quality interventions within a Lean Manufacturing setting and will possess interpersonal skills for effectively advising and working cross-departmentally with other managers and staff to improve quality.
Our client is offering a competitive salary of up to 45k per annum dependent on experience, there is also a company pension and bonus scheme as well. Due to the nature of the role, availability outside of office hours would be advantageous.