Posted: 6th January 2022
Salary: £11 per hour
Location: Long Bredy
We’re currently recruiting for a permanent quality assistant for one of our clients based near Bridport.
The company is based within convenient driving distance from Bridport, Dorchester, Axminster, Beaminster, Weymouth, Yeovil and surrounding areas.
Essential requirements for that role are:
- Basic numeracy and literacy to secondary education level
- Basic computer skills
- Food Hygiene – Level 2
- Manual Handling Qualification
Your tasks as quality assistant would mostly involve:
- Working within all company policies and procedures, including Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards
- Using safe working practices and relevant documentation to carry out tasks relevant to the area such as moving pallets, products and waste between areas using manual pallet movers, electric pallet movers or forklift trucks.
- Ensure samples of incoming materials and product are collected and tested as per schedule
- Sample product, arrange collection and complete registration on external laboratory portal
- Conduct routine /investigative swabbing/registration on external portal as per sampling plan
- Carry out compliance internal audits on the production line, hygiene and fabrication, glass, and hard plastic checks, CCP compliance, weight, scale and gas checks. Escalate and raise non-conformance as appropriate.
- Carry out packaging / labelling checks on the production line to ensure compliance to site standards.
- Review product quality at end of life and trend results
- Assist in customer complaint investigations
- Assist in traceability and mass-balance exercises
- Verification of packed product for export business
- Operational support regarding compliance to data entry and product quality
- Contributing to improvements in quality and performance targets
- Use business systems to accurately manage production & cleaning records for product safety and integrity – including CCP checks.
- Support less experienced team members to ensure plans are being followed, improve job knowledge, and pass on information between shifts and departments and raising exceptions to your manager
- To carry out any other work or task determined to be within your level of competence, to meet the needs of the business.
The working hours are 7:00 – 16:00.
It’s a full-time role paying £11 p/h and O/T during busy period is available.
Full jobs spec is available upon application.
If you have relevant experience and you feel that this is a right role for you, do not hesitate to apply!