Posted: 3rd May 2018
Our Client, a successful family run company with over 50 years experience in engineering, are currently looking for a Purchasing Manager to join their team based in Ferndown
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Purchasing components, raw materials and services of the correct quality and reliability
- Ensure deliveries are on time
- Negotiate the most economic price for all items
- Control both the size of the supplier base and its geographical area
- Purchasing research, eg market trends, new products, quotations, catalogues, etc.
- Stock control (bought out); maintain adequate stock levels to cover variations in product mix plus spares. (Review on a regular basis). In liaison with design.
The successful candidate will have a sound background in Purchasing ideally in a manufacturing or engineering environment.