Posted: 24th November 2021
Salary: £25000 - £30000
Location: Airspeed Rd
Our client a UK boat manufacturers based in the Bournemouth area are looking to appoint a procurement supervisor with a positive attitude and great communication skills to oversee and work closely with our internal personnel and build good lasting relationships with new and existing suppliers.
The procurement supervisor will command end to end responsibility for the brands purchasing and stock control.
- Chase suppliers to ensure on time correct delivery
- Build and maintain good working relationships with existing and new suppliers
- Drive costs down and maximise company value and efficiency
- Supplier evaluation and follow up procedure
- Ensure our chosen suppliers follow correct contractual terms
- Follow a Purchase order system for accurate job costing
- Working alongside the production Manager and company software to forecast stock levels of requirement.
- Returning faulty incorrect parts to suppliers for credit / exchange / refund and manage this process from end to end.
- Complete monthly stock checks and produce monthly and quarterly procurement reports.
- Manage inventory software – ensure accurate reporting of stock.
- Consumable management of 3 stock stores Service / Parts & consumables/ workshop
- Manage Storerooms – booking goods in and out to control free stock / assigned stock /
Completed stock holding.
- Maintain tidy stores and keep organised.
- Maintain minimum stock levels of essential network items
- Securing and maintaining correct levels of specific raw materials for new builds based on projection of sales / shelf life / stock availability and delivery timeliness.
New Boat Build
- Understand our build process and key mile stones and how this impacts procurement and production timelines
- Working with build programme software to ensure parts and materials are ordered and on site as and when required, this is essential to production schedules.
- Picking parts for new boats assembly using bill of materials (BOM) created from company software.
- Securing and maintaining correct levels of raw materials for new builds.
- Work together with project leaders and the greater team, to ensure best practice is followed throughout the company.
Service & Repairs
- Picking arranging parts to be sent to customers
- Ordering Service parts and liaising with service manager on delivery and pending dates
- Carry out your own research to source the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery, and quality. You will be expected to run tenders, evaluate costings and make recommendations to the Production Manager, based on commercial and technical factors.
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Keep up-to-date with trends and innovations for new technology.
- Booking couriers and arranging international shipments
- Fully understand internal processes and systems.
- Always aim to improve value to the company.
- Organised with attention to detail
- Work together with project leaders to continually improve best working practice
- Uniform provided.
- Free on site Parking