Posted: 6th February 2019
Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum
Great opportunity for Process Technician to be member of the on-site Operations team to effectively contribute to the success of company and to ensure that production targets are met in compliance with both immediate and forecast customer demands and activities are carried out in the most effective manner.
Maintain control, set and optimise the injection moulding process (es) and to provide support to the execution of the production schedule (component changes, setups, start-ups, cleaning, engineering specifications etc.)
- Responsible for directing and monitoring the execution of the production schedule, performing tasks including (but not limited to) mould and/or material changes as dictated by the schedule, process set-up, process troubleshooting, and other necessary functions to ensure component part conformity to specification and all data relevant to process or machine downtime is captured and recorded correctly
- To effectively utilise all available resources (personnel, plant, etc.), which may involve other operational and quality department personnel, in order to fulfil the above.
- In exceptional circumstances, and when required, to contribute effectively to ‘non-base business activities’ such as process validation, new product introduction, special projects etc. where such activities fall within the role of ‘Process Technician’.
- To comply with all aspects of good manufacturing practices whilst carry out work duties.
- To contribute to company continuous improvement initiatives and, where appropriate, identify and report areas of potential improvement to the Operations & Quality Manager for consideration.
- The technician is required to be a BPTA or similar trained Injection mould setter with familiarisation of GMP
- Be conversant with a wide range of raw materials from Polycarbonate, ABS to Polypropylene etc
- Have good knowledge of processing and moulding analytical tools.
- The candidate should be familiar with Medical IQ/OQ/PQ validations
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate a pro-active approach to problem solving and an exceptional knowledge of the injection moulding process
- Robotic programming would be an advantage, Staubli, Yushin Sepro
This role will be a continental night shift working 1750-0600 7 nights per fortnight. The salary for the night shift is 35K-40K