Posted: 20th December 2017
Salary: £30K-£33K, Plus package and overtime
Location: Portland DT5 1SA
Mploy Staffing Solutions are working in partnership with our prestigious client Sunseeker International, a global manufacturer of luxury motor yachts based on the beautiful south coast of England. Ranging from 48 to 155 feet, all Sunseeker craft are built to an exacting standard of quality and refinement, which has elevated Sunseeker to be the leading designer and manufacturer of luxury motor yachts across the globe.
We are looking for talented individuals that share Sunseeker’s passion and desire to produce the finest quality motor yachts in the world. Therefore successful applicants must have the following attributes and skills.
Experience of working to a high standard of finish
A desire to work in pressurised, fast paced, construction environment
High attention to detail
Flexibility, the ability to adapt to varied tasks
Conscientious attitude to work
Punctual and reliable
Mploy are currently recruiting for the following position:
GRP Laminators / Pre Preg Experience
As a Pre Preg Laminator you will work on Marine components in a fast paced environment. You will work with epoxy resin systems in wet and pre-preg form along with fiberglass, carbon fiber & foam core to create composite components. You will need to be able to demonstrate past experience of carrying out complex Pre Preg work to a very high standard. Experience of wet lay up would also be a bonus
Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
– Work closely with Composite Technicians and Engineering personnel to assist in the building of composite components
– Prepare molds for room temperature or heat-cured lay-ups
– Accurately check and mix epoxy resin components together for bonding of surfaces.
– Place fiberglass, carbon fiber, or any combination of the two fabrics in a mold with an epoxy wet resin system or pre-preg system to create composite components of all sizes. At times foam cores will be applied to the lay up for added strength.
– Perform vacuum bagging process on composite components that will consist of different settings for different applications. Oven cures can also take place depending on the resin system used and application
– Cut, trim, fit, and drill components using specialized hand/bench tools and measuring devices
– Must be able to take direction from Leads and Composite Technicians in order to manufacture composite components
– Proficiency in schematic/blueprint reading and basic math functions
– Proficiency in the use of measuring tools such as scales, calipers, and micrometers
– Experience in the use of fabrication equipment (grinders, jig saws, drills, band saws, disc grinders, table saws, drill presses and planers)
– Good communication skills, to include reading and following verbal and written instructions
– Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
– Ability to adapt to configuration changes common in production.
– Must be flexible and be able to adjust to the changing needs of the company
– Willingness and ability to work in a fast paced environment and a team atmosphere
– Ability to plan work sequence of operations
– Perform simple calculations, such as: add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals and convert whole numbers into fractions.
Previous background with pre preg composites and or related experience, which could include:
– Woodworking or metal fabrication experience
– Automotive experience
– Machine shop experience
– Hands-on hobby experience
Essential Job Functions:
– Required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment for assigned task
– Ability to work on a raised platform
– Work with composite material such as resin systems, carbon and fiberglass. Also works closely with chemicals, epoxy resin systems, and foam products
– Able to adapt to altered schedules
– Manual dexterity to handle small parts, tools and to manipulate cloth to various shapes using pressure
– Work on varied work surfaces / environments, including but not limited to working in a busy shop environment & boat yards.
– Must be able to read and understand MSDS/SDS
Able to work in restricted spaces and on the water if required
Able to attend and pass a two hour Laminating trade test and interview in Poole, Dorset
Able to read technical information relating to laminating
Able to work with polyester resins
Keen to work in a fast paced construction environment
Sunseeker offer a permanent position, which includes the following benefits.
Non-contributory pension contributions
22 days annual leave increasing to 25 days after 4 years service
Overtime when available
Private health care insurance (after 4 years service)
Private dental scheme (after 4 years service)
Sick pay scheme
Legal advice helpline
Onsite canteen facilities
Safe working environment (ISO 18001 accredited)
Central working location to public transport
Sports and social club
Training and career progression with this global business