Posted: 12th October 2021
Salary: £33,000 per annum
Location: Verwood BH31
Our injection moulding client based in Verwood has a requirement for an enthusiastic, capable and experienced Process Setter to join their busy night shift team.
The key responsibilities of the role will be as follows:
- Ensure optimization of machines and equipment to achieve continuous production.
- Working strictly to the Health & Safety Policy.
- Set machine and processing equipment to internal and external specification.
- Carryout tool changes to procedures and to standard tool change times.
- Working with development teams to introduce new materials, productions or processing technology.
- Identification of tooling conditions and repairs required.
- Ensure all validated processes are running within the defined scope of the process parameters.
- Complete all documentation to maintain full traceability
- Perform any other duties as may be reasonably requested.
Applicants must have the following attributes in order to be considered for this role:
- Plastics injection moulding experience.
- Experience of Setting machines / Optimising processes / Process trials & validation.
- Injection Moulding Technology Training to Level 3.
- Experience in new product tool trials and completion of validation documentation.
- Safe Mould Change Procedure certificate
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing desirable.
- Knowledge of the properties and processing behaviour of polymer materials.
- Familiar with analytical/diagnostic tools, SPC, 6’s, SMED.
- Health and Safety issues Codes of practice relevant to the industry.
- Experience in communicating actively & effectively to team members.
- Demonstrated hands on experience of tool changes, first & last off approvals & process start-ups.
- Team player – Willing to be trained and able to train other employees and learn additional skills where required.
Immediate start available for the right candidate, hours of work are Monday to Thursday 18:00 pm till 07:00 am, so you get a nice long weekend every week. The starting salary will be £33k per annum, 24 nights holiday a year plus a company contributory pension of 3% and Christmas shutdown.
For more information please contact Jon @ Mploy Christchurch