Posted: 15th October 2020
Salary: £22000 - £22331 per hour
Location: Blandford Forum,Dorset
Job Title: Medical Centre Nurse
Location: Blandford Forum – Private School
Salary: 22,331 per annum, based on 3 x 12.50 hours shifts per week, totalling 37.5 hours in term time only.
Mploy Healthcare are helping a private school located in the gorgeous countryside of Blandford Forum, to recruit for a Medical Centre Nurse. The Nurse will be responsible for providing medical care to boarding and day pupils of the School and first aid care to all members of the School community and visitors to the School. In addition, they will ensure that all relevant administration associated with this duty of care is properly maintained. The school offers a competitive remuneration package for the right candidate in a thoroughly enjoyable and fulfilling working environment.
- In accordance with the Medical Centre rota, provide medical care to the pupils, to members of staff and to visitors while on site. This will include organising and running clinics, organising doctor’s surgeries, arranging for pupils to attend medical, dental or other health appointments, assessing and implementing in-patient care of pupils admitted to the Medical Centre, providing sports injuries and sports medicine to pupils on pitch-side and the provision of first aid and emergency care.
- Promote health education throughout the School population, keeping up to date with current health promotion initiatives, support the teaching of First Aid and providing confidential health related counselling and health advice as required. There may be a requirement to take part in and deliver PSRE, as and when requested.
- Take effective preventative health measures including monitoring and following specific directives and good practice in respect of immunisation procedures, Infectious Diseases control and the safe disposal of clinical waste.
- Comply with the School’s Health and Safety policy, and, whilst on duty, take specific responsibility for all health and safety matters relating to the Medical Centre: support the maintenance of stocking First Aid Kits, ensure the safe storage, usage and disposal of medical supplies and drugs, maintain treatments rooms’ stock, hygiene and tidiness, maintain records of reported accidents.
- Maintain medical and nursing records, including computerised records, accurately, confidentially, and safely, record the dispensing of drugs following drug protocols, set up and organise School medical examinations and maintain general office procedures.
- Maintain an appropriate level of training in all areas of practice. Re-validation is a legal requirement in order to retain effective registration and hold current NMC PIN.
- Work closely and cooperatively with other members of the Medical Centre team to ensure seamless and continuous care is provided, liaising with parents, housemaster/mistresses, tutors, teachers, School office staff, the School doctor, Social Services and other internal and external departments as necessary.
- Operate in accordance with school’s policies and procedures as detailed on the school’s website and intranet and as set out in the Staff Handbook and elsewhere, ensuring compliance with the School’s Code of Conduct, the Safeguarding Policy and Child Protection procedures, the school’s Health and Safety policy and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
The Ideal Candidate:
- NMC registered with at least 2 years post registration experience.
- Current first aid certificate or willingness to undertake and complete training.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, using own initiative.
- Evidence of the ability to make sound clinical decisions independently.
- Portfolio with demonstrated continuous personal development.
- Knowledge of information technology, ideally Microsoft Office including Work and Access.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact with people at all levels and ages, particularly pupils and teachers.
- Ability to work without regular supervision/ management.
- The personal flexibility to work long hours during term time including weekends, evenings, and over-night.
- Physically capable and medically fit to undertake the role.
- Suitable to work with children.
All successful job applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and a criminal record check with the DBS.
If you feel you meet the requirements for this role, please upload your CV and we will be in touch shortly.