Posted: 8th October 2019
The Site Services Team is responsible for ensuring the technical safety and maintaining physical integrity of the building and associated mechanical and engineering facilities. The successful candidate will therefore need to demonstrate good interpersonal skills and be an effective communicator who can build and leverage relationships across all levels including both internally with team members and externally with all site personnel, including the local Safety team.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide hands on experience and be prepared to undertake a large variety of practical maintenance tasks;
- Carry out routine inspections, maintenance and repairs on site to the operations and facilities equipment, building fabric and external infrastructure as required;
- Support site facilities projects – this includes but is not limited to maintenance and refurbishment of facilities such as meeting rooms, offices, restaurant and cloakrooms;
- Support Maintenance of Building Physical Integrity and Mechanical & Electrical facilities.
- Need to use their knowledge and skills in order to find improved ways of supporting the Site Facilities team, reapplying proven ideas and methods of working, recognizing and developing identified improvement opportunities.
Essential Skills to perform this role:
- Minimum 3 years demonstrable experience in a wide range of facilities maintenance tasks in a professional workplace;
- Experienced in using skills and knowledge to problem solve and troubleshooting;
- Good written and verbal command of English;
- Good mathematical skills;
- PC Literate at basic level in MS Office, in particular Word, Excel, Outlook.
Standard hours are 8:00 – 4:00 pm; working 37.5 hours per week (with unpaid lunch break).
Please apply with CV or call Mploy Christchurch for more information.