Posted: 3rd August 2022
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum
Our client, a busy FMCG business and a market leader in their sector, has an immediate requirement for an experienced IT Security Engineer to join their Head Office team based in Birmingham, UK.
With a primary focus on Cloud solutions, your aim will be to design systems that are secure,
fit for purpose and add real value, ensuring the systems are available whenever the business needs
them. With responsibility for ensuring you develop your skills so you can take responsibility for designing and providing effective IT solutions within a high performing IT function, no day will ever be the same.
The main tasks will be as follows:
- You must be able to provide technical direction and work with the business to address goals.
- Architect and design security solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Create and review architecture and solution design artifacts
- Encourage re-use through implementation of shared assets
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Proactively provide guidance on secure engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices Guidance of engineering staff and reviews of as-built configurations during construction phase
- Provide insight and direction on roles and responsibilities required for solution operations
- Identify, communicate and mitigate Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions throughout full life cycle
- Occasional travel to other locations within the business to perform relevant analysis
- Occasional travel to external locations to attend events relevant to the role.
Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years overall IT industry experience, experience of working within the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) sector and a minimum of 1 year in a security solution architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
You must also satisfy the following:
- Microsoft AZ-303 & AZ304 certified
- Have experience in architecting and designing technical solutions leveraging Microsoft Azure, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
- Knowledge of authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, and RBAC
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Experience building and supporting mission critical technology components with DR capabilities
- Experience with multi-tier system and service design and development for medium enterprises
- Extensive, real-world experience designing technology components for enterprise solutions and defining solution architectures and reference architectures with a focus on cloud technologies
There is an immediate start available for the right candidate, and a salary of circa £55k per annum.
This is a demanding role within a busy IT function with huge opportunity, so if you want to work in a high performing team within a fast paced, ambitious business then this is the role for you.
Please contact Jon @ Mploy Staffing Solutions in confidence for more information.