Posted: 9th November 2021
Location: Priory Industrial park
Our client a boat manufacturer based in on the outskirts of Bournemouth. We are looking to appoint two GRP line leaders with positive attitudes and great communication skills to oversee and work as part of the GRP moulding production team.
The successful candidate will most likely be from a marine laminating background as will be working on the production of hull & decks and components, using hand lay-up techniques.
Joining our team as a GRP line leader will require the skills and tasks listed, but not exclusively limited to:
- Experience in managing people and capable of leading a team, with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Able to manage the build process and ongoing supply to specified deadlines of our iconic Nautique range.
- Drive the timeline for each production build and is adapt at providing accurate weekly progress reports.
- Work closely with the Production Manager to ensure the parts are manufactured in accordance with the build schedule.
- To always work in accordance with company policies & H S to include correct use of PPE.
- Driven and enthusiastic about our product and willing to get heavily invested in the company.
- The ability to communicate new ideas for improvement.
- Must be adept at working from technical drawings with the ability to read and understand lay-up specifications, drawings, jigs and patterns.
- Understand build plans and work to strict deadlines.
- Diligent with an eye for quality and good attention to detail.
- Good understanding of GRP laminating processes and use of core materials.
- Use of hand tools.
- Has a strong background in wet lay laminating with general boat building experience – cutting, fitting & assembling mouldings together and the application of gel coat.
- Experience in marine wet lay-up process, with the ability to produce high standards. A thorough understanding of GRP laminating and associated processes including those mentioned above which may include trimming and grinding.
- To identify any issues during the laying up process which might compromise the quality with the ability to Identify laminating defects whilst working to strict deadlines.
- To help keep all maintain clean and tidy and well-organised, free from obstruction working areas.
- To always work in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures and guidelines which assist this.
- Has basic Computer skills.
- There may be a requirement to work overtime on the occasional weekends or evenings when deadlines dictate.Experience & Qualifications:
- H & S understanding / qualification
- Line Manager / Team Leadership experience
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to tasks
- Good team player and excellent communicator
- 2+ years’ experience using hand lay-up techniques in the marine industry
- Maturity and ability to work quickly and to a high standard, often unsupervised
- On going progression and encouragement.
- Training – completing training matrix. pay incentivised
- Uniform provided.
- Free on site Parking
- Friendly environment, and a chance to build a long-term rewarding career with us.