Posted: 14th January 2022
Salary: £18.50 per hour
£18.50 PH – Shift patterns to be discussed at interview.
Travel allowance for anyone living 50miles + – £6.45 per hour for the first 37 hours = £24.95ph
Mploy are actively seeking GRP Laminators at all levels to join a rapidly expanding team. As a Laminator you will work within the operations department, working on-board Naval Ships for the repair and manufacture of projects for the Ministry of Defence and other military and commercial customers. You will safely and professionally deliver planned and reactive maintenance on a variety of equipment within the key performance indicator criteria while adhering to the working time directive.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Laminating competency to be measured at a minimum of 60% skilled against MS_ Lam competencies.
- Carry out a Trade specific Take 5 plus 5 dynamic risk assessment before every task.
- Abide by all risk assessments, polices and the law.
- Ensure all tools and equipment that are used are suitable, fit for purpose and in date for any inspection required.
- Attend all training courses, TBT and briefings where possible.
- Ensure all tools and equipment being used are suitable and in date for any inspection required.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers, managing their expectations and needs.
- Complete works as detailed by team leader.
- Report all accidents, incidents and near misses via the appropriate reporting tool.
- Experienced in Composite Materials/techniques.
- Experienced in Wet lay-up Materials/techniques.
- Experienced in Hull and Deck repairs.
- Experienced in GRP Hand Lay up using different cloths.
- Experienced in using Polyester and epoxy resins.
- Experienced in Grinders, Sanders and Diamond cutting equipment.
Based in Portsmouth Naval Base
Apply now for immediate consideration.