Posted: 8th August 2019
Salary: £28000 - £29000 per annum
We are recruiting for Chief Inspector for our well established local client who are precision engineering company supplying to the aerospace, defence, medical and pharmaceutical industries. As Inspector you will be responsible for:
- Inspection operations prior to release of product to approved suppliers and goods inward inspection on receipt of product and raising non-conformance SCARs when required.
- To ensure the highest level of quality control/inspection conditions are applied at all times and utilising preventive inspection measures wherever possible.
- To ensure correct practise and legalities with respect to product quality to customer requirements
- To identify in good time any potential non-conformances
- To ensure self and others are working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- The effective implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, including KPI’s where ownership is assigned.
- To raise sub-contract purchase orders where parts are to be sent for additional processing.
- To carry out inspection of parts that are to be sent for additional processing and keep records.
- To visually inspect and verify product that has been received from sub-contract processing.
- To raise reject documentation where approved suppliers have not met PDP Engineering requirements.
- Ensuring the certification of instruments, gauges, etc, and ensuring they are
- periodically calibrated
- Ensuring the application of the systems of inspection and sampling procedures.
Working full time hours; Monday – Friday. Salary 29k.
This is permanent role and immediate start is available. Please apply by submitting current CV or call Mploy Christchurch.