Posted: 7th August 2019
Salary: £9 - £15 per hour
Mploy is currently looking for a passionate Chef (Commi Chef, Chef De Partie, Sous Chef) to join my prestigious client based in Isle of White.
Ideal candidate will be able to deliver professional, enthusiastic, and efficient service within the kitchen team, as directed by the Head Chef in specific areas. You will always be working in a productive manner within the team, or individually ensuring the delivery of a quality guest orientated service.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Inform wait staff about daily specials
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
Qualifications and experience required:
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations
- Culinary school diploma preferred
In return my clients offer permanent contract, great salary, tips, meals on duty and discounts as well as some fantastic rewards and incentives.
If this sounds like you, please apply to this advert or speak to Juan at Mploy Hospitality in Bournemouth for more details.
Our team guarantees complete confidentiality and will never submit candidate’s details or share them with a third party without first obtaining their permission.