Posted: 24th January 2023
Salary: £21000 - £23000 per annum
Are you an Accounts Assistant, Accounting Technician or Finance Assistant looking for your next opportunity with a great employer? How about working for a highly thought of firm of accountants that specialises in accounting services for recruitment businesses? Looking for a well-rounded benefits package with the opportunity to continue to develop yourself? Great, we look forward to hearing from you!
MPLOY is looking to source a permanent Accounts Assistant for a valued client in Poundbury, Dorchester.
Why should you be interested? Our Client is offering:
- A salary of £21,000 to £23,000 per year inline with your experience.
- Fully funded continuing professional development. Our client is passionate about developing their team and they are more than open to funding your study of the Association of Accounting Technicians’ Level 3 Diploma in Accounting.
- Full time work with flexible hours of either 0830 to 1700 or 0900 to 1730 … your choice!
- A family friendly work pattern of Monday to Friday.
- Company workplace pension scheme.
- 30 days of annual leave per year (inc Bank Holidays).
- 2 ‘personal days’ per year when you need to work from home.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption leave after 6 months in post.
- Personal & family access to a leading employee assistance programme.
- High street & eating out discount scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free onsite parking in a convenient/commutable location.
Still interested? In return for these great benefits our client is looking for a candidate who:
- has some experience working within an accounts/finance setting. Although our client’s business is unique a willingness to learn & improve is essential!
- likes diverse work. You can expect to: field enquiries via email/telephone from new, potential or existing clients, successfully administer weekly/monthly client payroll, reconcile bank transactions & VAT, aid quarterly VAT returns and other relevant submissions to HMRC, invoice clients and request additional information as required, help with calculating trial balances, profit & loss and forecasts for clients both quarterly and annually, support client company registrations at Companies House and back our client’s Accountant up as needed.
- has either an Association of Accounting Technicians’ L2 Certificate in Accounting with relevant experience or a L3 Diploma in Accounting.
- is a team player with fantastic interpersonal/soft skills. You’ll work as part of a small but growing team of 3 with direct support from our client’s chartered Accountant.
- is highly literate & numerate with an exact attention to detail.
- is system savvy. You’ll have intermediate MS Excel skills and will be comfortable in using accounting software such as Xero, Sage etc.
- is an innovative, dynamic & self-sufficient person.
You’ve gotten this far which means you must be the person above! We very much look forward to your application and please do call us on 01305 213883 for more details.