Posted: 7th February 2020
Salary: £19000 - £24000 per annum
2nd Line Support Technician
Fancy getting out and about visiting clients in the lovely Dorset area? Providing 1st and 2nd Line Support to SME sized clients in a wide range of industries? Well shine your shoes and brush your hair because you’ll be primarily in front of clients and representing the business. No 2 days will be the same and these guys really look to develop and progress people in house. 24,000, free parking and use of the company car – you’ll need a driving license though.
What will your day look like?
- Carry out small network cabling installations (CAT5e/CAT6) and repairs to a high standard.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, network, wireless and broadband problems – diagnosing
- Take ownership of problems through to resolution or escalate when necessary and solving, both remotely and on customer sites.
- Installation and configuration of router/firewall devices and wireless networks, including basic Administration and troubleshooting of customer cloud-based services – including Microsoft Office 365 services
- VLAN knowledge.
- Administration and troubleshooting of customer on-premise servers – including Active Directory, Hyper-V, SQL Server and backups
- Liaising with third-party hardware and software vendors for support when required
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
We’d love to hear from people with:
- 1 year IT support experience dealing with multiple clients and/or sites
- CAT5e/CAT6 cabling experience including the safe and competent use of power tools
- Good understanding and experience of Microsoft Office 365, Windows Server, Windows 7/10, IP Networking and Firewalls
If you think this is for you then please apply within. Not quite sure? Get in contact with Grant at the Mploy Bournemouth office who will be more than happy to talk you through the role.