Posted: 5th July 2019
We are looking to recruit a Shift Leader to be responsible for leading a shift of around 40-50 people. You will have responsibility for the day to day operations including people management, training of your team, optimizing working hours available to meet business needs, stock, systems and equipment.
The role is a shift based role. 3 shift rotating system: 6-2pm, 2-10pm and 10pm – 6am. There is a shift premium offered on top of base salary for this. To be successful in this role, we’re looking for:
- Leading example for safety, quality and internal controls programs
- Ensure all – personal and shift team – safety, quality and internal controls training is completed in a timely manner each month
- Actively take part in the Safety, Quality and Internal Controls programs.
- Ensure the team is fully compliant with the company’s health and safety policies
- Leadership – run the operation for the entire shift
- Manages a Shift of approximately 40-50 personnel to deliver business results; accountable for delivering to target
- Demonstrate an engaging but challenging leadership style
- Nurture, develop and coach talented individuals to ensure future succession
- Works collaboratively with other Shift Leaders/Process Engineers/others on site to proactively drive improvements/standard roll outs of key initiatives
- Proactively plans to overcome issues where possible; understands when to escalate issues
- Leads regular meetings for the shift by running the shift start up meeting and assuring associated procedures are completed, updating the Operations Leaders with shift results and key watch outs
- Feedback capacity, capability and process gaps to the Operations Leader
- Do a detailed and complete handover to the next shifts, including planning of key activities for future business
- Run the monthly business review for the shift team
- Build strong team relationships for the shift team in general and the shift lead team specifically
- Manage staffing plans, holidays, time & attendance alongside the Team Leaders.
- Monitor, plan and organize resources within the team to meet service and cost targets
- Be available on the floor providing leadership guidance to the different areas
- Manage expectation setting, informally and formally through execution and daily management of PIP’s
- Manage monthly 121’s and setting and reviewing annual appraisals
- To cover if required for other Shift Leaders during absence
If this role sounds perfect to you please get in touch, send us CV or pop in for a chat to Mploy Christchurch.