Posted: 7th November 2019
Salary: £10.64 - £12.68 per hour + pension, overtime, and additional benefits
EXCITING NEW OPPORTUNITY!!!!! FULL TRAINING GIVEN…LEARN A NEW SKILL/TRADE WHILE WORKING FOR A WORLD RENOWED BOATBUILDER AND LEADER IN THEIR INDUSTRY. WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU..
Mploy Staffing Solutions are working in partnership with our prestigious client Sunseeker International, a global manufacturer of luxury motor yachts based on the beautiful south coast of England. Ranging from 48 to 155 feet, all Sunseeker craft are built to an exacting standard of quality and refinement, which has elevated Sunseeker to be the leading designer and manufacturer of luxury motor yachts across the globe.
We are looking for talented individuals that share Sunseeker’s passion and desire to produce the finest quality motor yachts in the world. Therefore successful applicants must have the following attributes and skills.
- Experience of working to a high standard of finish
- A desire to work in pressurised, fast paced, construction environment
- High attention to detail
- Flexibility, the ability to adapt to varied tasks
- Conscientious attitude to work
- Punctual and reliable
Mploy are currently recruiting for the following position:
Job Title: Upholsterer
Hourly pay range: 10.64 to 12.68 per hour (Basic rate)
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 15:30pm
Sunseeker International, based in Poole, Dorset, is now looking for skilled Upholsterers to join the team. Working in a new and purpose-built upholstery manufacturing centre you will ideally have a background in the Marine, Automotive or Aerospace Upholstery sector.
- Safety – To maintain Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others via compliance of the Sunseeker Safety Management System.
- Quality – Expected to build high quality, standard & bespoke internal & external upholstery – manufactured right 1st time, to company specifications.
- Competence – Competent in templating, cutting leather, vinyl, canvas, textiles & foams, chasing, glueing & foam construction, stapling, fitting & dressing finished items. Ability to use power tools such as foam saws, drills, heat guns, steamers.
- Output – Maintain pace & productivity to meet production schedule.
- Team Work – Ability to work independently & as part of a team. Support work with other departments to increase overall efficiency. Must be flexible & conscientious.
- Continuous Improvement – Looking for and supporting improvements on a daily basis. Participate in projects where appropriate
- Previous experience & upholstery competence in; marine, automotive, aerospace or furniture manufacturing. (qualifications in this field would be advantageous).
- Competence in reading & understanding technical drawings / sketches.
- Basic IT to support management information systems i.e. SAP.
- Good numeracy & literacy ability.