Posted: 9th July 2019
Salary: £10.64 - £12.68 per hour + pension, overtime, and additional benefits
Mploy Staffing Solutions are working in partnership with our prestigious client Sunseeker International, a global manufacturer of luxury motor yachts based on the beautiful south coast of England. Ranging from 48 to 155 feet, all Sunseeker craft are built to an exacting standard of quality and refinement, which has elevated Sunseeker to be the leading designer and manufacturer of luxury motor yachts across the globe.
Job Title: Upholsterer
Hourly pay range: 10.64 to 12.68 per hour (Basic rate)
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 15:30pm
Working Location: Poole, Dorset
Sunseeker International, based in Portland, Dorset, is now looking for skilled Upholsterers to join the team. You will ideally have a background in the Marine, Automotive or Aerospace Upholstery sector.
- Safety – To maintain Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others via compliance of the Sunseeker Safety Management System.
- Quality – Expected to build high quality, standard & bespoke internal & external upholstery – manufactured right 1st time, to company specifications.
- Competence – Competent in templating, cutting leather, vinyl, canvas, textiles & foams, chasing, gluing & foam construction, stapling, fitting & dressing finished items. Ability to use power tools such as foam saws, drills, heat guns, steamers.
- Output – Maintain pace & productivity to meet production schedule.
- Team Work – Ability to work independently & as part of a team. Support work with other departments to increase overall efficiency. Must be flexible & conscientious.
- Continuous Improvement – Looking for and supporting improvements on a daily basis. Participate in projects where appropriate
- Previous experience & upholstery competence in; marine, automotive, aerospace or furniture manufacturing. (qualifications in this field would be advantageous).
- Competence in reading & understanding technical drawings / sketches.
- Basic IT to support management information systems i.e. SAP.
- Good numeracy & literacy ability.
Sunseeker may offer you a permanent contract upon successful completion of a agency assignment, which includes the following benefits:
Sunseeker employees benefit from a competitive salary, opportunities for progression and promotion, up to 500 in annual bonus payments (terms apply), company pension scheme, 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays), life cover, childcare vouchers, discounts on Sunseeker merchandise and a safe working environment. After 4 years service, Sunseeker offers private medical insurance, dental care and 3 extra days paid annual leave.