Posted: 3rd May 2017
Salary: £21174 - £23067
Location: 1 New Quay Rd
Mploy Staffing Solutions are working in partnership with our prestigious client Sunseeker International, a global manufacturer of luxury motor yachts based on the beautiful south coast of England. Ranging from 48 to 155 feet, all Sunseeker craft are built to an exacting standard of quality and refinement, which has elevated Sunseeker to be the leading designer and manufacturer of luxury motor yachts across the globe.
We are looking for talented individuals that share Sunseeker’s passion and desire to produce the finest quality motor yachts in the world. Therefore successful applicants must have the following attributes and skills.
- Experience of working to a high standard of finish
- A desire to work in pressurized, fast paced, construction environment
- High attention to detail
- Flexibility, the ability to adapt to varied tasks
- Conscientious attitude to work
- Punctual and reliable
Mploy are currently recruiting for the following position:
Sunseeker are currently seeking candidates with GRP Finishing experience (For example – Automotive, Aerospace, Leisure, Motorhomes, Carbon, Commercial Vehicles, GRP Roofing) or would consider GRP experience from other industries.
The positions could also suit candidates from a Vehicle Body Shop/Panel Repair background as this experience has proves successful in previous recruitment campaigns. If you have a back experience with any of the above apply now for more information.
Successful applicants will be wotking in close-knit teams to finish and repair hulls, decks super structures and, small moulds for boats sizes of 48 to 155 feet. Typical tasks will include: Reading technical specifications for glass mat, resin and gel types. Assessing environmental conditions, Selecting, measuring, mixing and applying gel coat by hand. Finishing gel coat by hand and using a variety of tools including orbital sanders, long boards and blocks. Trimming GRP, working at height and the inspection of own GRP components for quality forms part of the role, as does housekeeping and maintenance of working areas.
- Ideally 2 years’ experience within an GRP environment
- or 2 years’ Vehicle body repair environment
- Able to attend an 1 hour assessment/interview in Poole, Dorset
- Able to work with high value products in a timely manner
- Keen to work in a fast paced factory environment
As a Sunseeker employee the benefits include.
- Non-contributory pension contributions
- 22 days annual leave increasing to 25 days after 4 years service
- Overtime when available
- Private health care insurance (after 4 years service)
- Private dental scheme (after 4 years service)
- Sick pay scheme
- Life cover
- Legal advice helpline
- Onsite canteen facilities
- Safe working environment (ISO 18001 accredited)
- Central working location to public transport
- Sports and social club
- Training and career progression with this global business
- Free parking, if based at the Technology Centre.