Posted: 7th January 2019
Main Objective of the Role
Working closely with the Warehouse Operatives and Workshop fitters in order to maintain the smooth running of the warehouse and production area, stock intake and planned work.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Responsibility / accountability for implementing and achieving targets set for team.
- Promote and develop the Team’s Health, Safety & Environmental awareness.
- Ensure assembly area is fully operational and efficient and accurate records are maintained.
- Ensure complete and accurate ‘down grading’ of all stock materials used is carried out.
- Ensure regular cycle counts on all stocks, record and report findings to Opps manager.
- Ensure all equipment maintenance requirements are highlighted / achieved.
- Raise any training requirements identified in the Team with the Operations’ Manager.
- Carry out ongoing reviews of operational practices recommending improved solutions to the Opps manager.
- Promote waste elimination and improved performance within the Team.
What you need to have:
- Management / Supervision of teams in an assembly or warehouse environment, leading by example
- Organisational & delegation skills
- Experience in timber or PVC manufacture and products
- The training and development of a team including appraisals / one-to-ones
- Willingness to adapt to new processes
- Counterbalance Forklift Certification
- Understanding of 5S principles
- Strong business and customer focus with effective skills as a leader and manager
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and good time keeping
- Flexible to work in all Company areas and sites
Other skills and qualifications:
- Ability to embrace change and encourage an environment of continuous improvement
- Computer literate – Word, Excel & Data collection systems
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English
- Full driving licence
- Good communication skills
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 07:00-16:30
Pay rate: Negotiable