Posted: 14th May 2020
Salary: £25000 - £28000 per annum
Job Title: Support Engineer
Salary: 25k – 28k DOE
Benefits: Private Healthcare (currently BUPA) after 12 months. On-site parking space. Bonuses paid for self study Microsoft training.
Hours: 09:00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday (1 hour for lunch)
You will be working within the support team, providing 2nd line and some 3rd line levels of service to a very diverse customer base.
You will work on a wide range of tasks across a variety of different technologies – cloud based, software, hardware, VoIP telephony, networking and wifi.
The customer base is primarily SME sized (2 to 150 users), mostly within the Poole/Bournemouth and surrounding areas within a 20-30 miles radius. Some occasional travel to further sites will be required. Our clients are across a wide range of industries, with differing requirements and setups.
A full driving license is essential – a shared company van is provided for a majority of journeys, but you should also be willing to use your own car when necessary. Due to insurance restrictions the van is only available for drivers 25+ years old.
- Providing primarily 2nd line (working towards 3rd line) support and services to a wide range of clients, partaking in a busy environment.
- Take ownership of problems through to resolution, or escalate when necessary
- Implementation, administration and troubleshooting of customer cloud-based services – including Microsoft Office 365 services
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, network, wireless and broadband problems – diagnosing and solving. Both remotely and on customer sites.
- Installation and configuration of router/firewall devices and wireless networks, including basic VLAN knowledge.
- On-site installation and configuration of PCs and laptops.
- Implementation, Administration and troubleshooting of customer on-premise servers – including Active Directory, Hyper-V, SQL Server and backups
- Carry out occasional small network cabling installations (CAT5e/CAT6) and repairs to a high standard (including safe use of power tools when required).
- Liaising with third party hardware and software vendors for support when required
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Test and evaluate new technology
You should be self-motivated and experienced support engineer, who is keen to learn and advance your technical knowledge. You should be able to work on your own (sometimes under pressure for time or technical issues), but also as an important part of a small, friendly, team of engineers and office staff, The role is customer facing and representative of the Company, so your customer facing and liaison skills must be exceptional.
- 2 years minimum IT support experience dealing with multiple clients and/or sites
- Good understanding and support experience of Microsoft Office 365, Windows Server 2012-2019, Active Directory, Windows 10, IP Networking, Firewalls, Broadband
- Full driving license and own vehicle. Mileage allowance for business related trips in your own car will be reimbursed monthly.
- Experience of hardware from Dell, Draytek and Ubiquiti.
- Experience with VoIP technology
- Experience installing CAT5e/CAT6 cabling.