Posted: 16th May 2018
Salary: £18000 - £21000 per annum
We are looking for a focused and hard-working candidate, who would like to run the Goods In and Despatch departments for a technical company in Poole. The role involves logging goods coming in, inspecting documents, maintaining and organising the stores, and arranging the despatch and shipping of goods. It is a varied position, and requires the ability to work alone, as well as collaborating with the team where necessary.
Duties will include:
- Ensure goods are received, unpacked and booked in promptly.
- Control packing and despatch processes for all goods ensuring delivery deadlines are met.
- Prompt resolution of stock/inventory issues.
- Managing all export deliveries and building good relationships with couriers and freight forwarders.
- Support operational excellence as directed by the business.
- Ensure quality procedures and policies are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure health and Safety procedures and requirements are adhered to at all times
- Excellent eye for detail is essential
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and individually
- Good organisational skills
- Should be pro-active with an ability to identify and implement improvements to current processes and practices.
Experience of working in a warehouse or stores environment is essential.
If you would like more information on this vacancy then please contact Alison or Grant in the Bournemouth branch of Mploy.