Posted: 4th January 2018
Salary: 9.26 p/h - £12.13p/h + Overtime
Location: Mannings Heath Road
Mploy Staffing Solutions are working in partnership with our prestigious client Sunseeker International, a global manufacturer of luxury motor yachts based on the beautiful south coast of England. Ranging from 48 to 155 feet, all Sunseeker craft are built to an exacting standard of quality and refinement, which has elevated Sunseeker to be the leading designer and manufacturer of luxury motor yachts across the globe.
We are looking for talented individuals that share Sunseeker’s passion and desire to produce the finest quality motor yachts in the world. Therefore successful applicants must have the following attributes and skills.
- Experience of working to a high standard of finish
- A desire to work in pressurized, fast paced, construction environment
- High attention to detail
- Flexibility, the ability to adapt to varied tasks
- Conscientious attitude to work
- Punctual and reliable
Mploy are currently recruiting for the following position:
Prepper / Polisher
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours
Due to a strong sales order book, we are recruiting additional Prep/Polishers to work within our Lacquer Department at Sunseeker International’s Technology Centre.
Typical duties will include:-
- Hand polishing of lacquered panels and various items that are veneered and put through the spray shop.
- Maintaining very high standards of finishing, inspecting each item, following the procedures and filling in all necessary paperwork for tractability and accountability.
- Ensuring finished items are sent to QC for wrapping ready for despatch.
- Developing a detailed understanding of the finishing process by undertaking training when needed and arranged by the company.
To be considered for this role you should have:
- A good track record working as polisher or finisher within car valeting or furniture polishing industries.
- An eye for detail that will ensure the consistent quality of our products.
- Must be flexible and willing to learn other tasks within the lacquer/finishing areas.
Upon successful completion of a twelve week temporary contract Sunseeker may offer a permanent position, which includes the following benefits.
- Non-contributory pension contributions
- 22 days annual leave increasing to 25 days after 4 years service
- Overtime when available
- Private health care insurance (after 4 years service)
- Private dental scheme (after 4 years service)
- Sick pay scheme
- Life cover
- Legal advice helpline
- Onsite canteen facilities
- Safe working environment (ISO 18001 accredited)
- Central working location to public transport
- Sports and social club
- Training and career progression with this global business