Posted: 1st May 2019
Salary: £28000 - £29000 per annum + free parking and staff discounts
Our client believes their team are their most important asset in ensuring they remain at the top of their game and achieve their aspirations.
The Hotel has 39 bedrooms, an award-winning spa, a one AA rosette-awarded fine dining Restaurant and can host events for up to 350 guests. They have commenced a brand-new build, a multi-million pound extension that will add over 50 new rooms and potentially new event space.
They are looking for an organised, enthusiastic Sous Chef with excellent leadership skills to assist the Head Chef in leading the Restaurant kitchen brigade. The Restaurant provides exceptional food and has been awarded AA one Rosette. Their menus change with the seasons, reflecting the best local produce from a small group of trusted suppliers.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Ensure correct portion control and set up for service in the kitchen
- Ensure that all guests requests/food orders are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded
- Help promote and maintain a good working environment with the kitchen team and other departments
- Maintain regular food stock control and checking measures, rotation and daily checks on food quality
- Deputise in the absence of the Head Chef in aspects relating to the day to day running of the Kitchen
The ideal candidate
- Is able to work under pressure and has a passion for innovative and exciting menus
- Is a problem solver, ready to come up with on-the-spot solutions
- Has experience in a similar role in a one rosette environment
- Will maintain good relationships with the team and other departments within the hotel.
- Is accurate, organised and takes pride in their work
- Has a positive can-do attitude and is self-motivated
- Is able to achieve and maintain high standards within given timescales
- Has experience in a similar role
- Has a flexible approach to working hours, i.e. able to work public holidays and weekends in line with the needs of the business
- Is supporting and co-operating with all areas of the business, actively demonstrating a team spirit
- Experience of working on events for up to 350 people
We can offer you
- Excellent learning & development
- Online learning platform for everyone
- Opportunities for advancement & promotion at all levels
- Family & friends’ rate for dining, accommodation & spa
- 28 days holiday (including 8 for bank Holidays)
- Free meals on duty
- Free car parking