Posted: 15th May 2018
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Our client in Andover has a very excited opportunity for software developers who look to be part a small, but growing, dynamic, market-leading team. The role is mainly focused on development with testing aspects included.
Key Skills required
- Ability to work quickly, professionally and accurately whilst under pressure with a friendly, can-do attitude.
- Self-motivated, able to work on his own and as a part of a team
- Ability to communicate with accuracy and clarity in both verbal and written communications, especially with internal staff at all levels.
- Excellent working knowledge of relational database principles and database integration.
- Experience using MS Visual Studio.
- A strong ability to solve numerical problems and implement web-based solutions with a good eye for detail
- Have a 2.1 in a relevant Masters or undergraduate degree or at least 5 years demonstrable relevant and current experience.
- Experience of the system, user, and unit testing.
- Good understanding of MS Office tools, (Excel, Word etc) and the Internet is very important.
- Knowledge of OLEDB, coding windows services, ASP.NET server controls, JQuery widgets, and mobile applications.
- An understanding of SQL and the ability to write SQL statements to interact with a database.
- An understanding of source control techniques and tools, including SVN.
- Knowledge of software installations and support.
- An interest in a small business.
- Knowledge of current internet standards and security.
- Confident telephone manner.
Previous experience required
- Experience developing and testing real-time operational business critical software.
- Experience with the development technologies listed above.
- Portfolio of previous website projects that show the level of work and expertise would be very advantageous.
Working hours: Monday-Friday ; 9 – 17 ( 40 hours per week)