Posted: 7th November 2019
Salary: Up to £12.00 per hour
Sturminster newton , Dorset
Are you a highly skilled fabricator and welder, with hands on workshop experience working to set timescales and taking pride in your work.
if so we want to hear from you!
Mploy staffing solutions are proud to be working as a recruitment business with a leading , local engineering business who specialize in the fabrication on building projects , agricultural, steelworks and much more, this is an excellent opportunity to join a market leading company with an excellent reputation.
The role will involve the following;
- The role will be fabrication and welding in a workshop environment of structural steel works, working on large scale projects, in industrial, agriculture, and groundworks for high profile clients.
- Uses electricity and torches to produce heat and solder together components made from steel, titanium, copper, and other metals
- Welds small components and large ones such as beams for buildings
- Consults blueprints and sketches in order to execute jobs and tasks to specification
- Assesses equipment, structures, materials, and job specifications for appropriate welding positions and methods
- Monitors equipment for appropriate usage and temperature
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of universal standards and specifications in order to meet building codes and legal requirements
- Develops working knowledge of different methods used for welding a variety of materials and components
- Operates specialised machinery for industrial welding
- Trims metal components using heat, fire, and electricity
- Dismantles large metal objects
- Monitors work environment for hazards and maintains healthy ventilation levels to avoid particle or gas inhalation
- Follows safety protocol, including wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes
- Working to KPIS to make sure work is completed within a set timescale
The ideal candidate will have the following;
- demonstrate a proven fabrication and welding work background
- good interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task.
- Fabrication and welding certificates and CSCS
- good team-working, communication skills