Posted: 24th March 2023
Location: Dorchester DT2
Are you an experienced Retail Assistant, Supervisor or Manager looking for your next opportunity? How about working for a multi-award winning & well-established country sports retailer specialising in firearms, gunsmithing services & luxury country lifestyle products? Looking to work as part of a small team with big ambitions and significant opportunities for personal development? Superb! We look forward to hearing from you!
MPLOY is looking for a fulltime & permanent Shop Manager to join a new client in Dorchester, Dorset.
Why should you be interested? Our client is offering:
- a lucrative salary, details available upon request.
- a working pattern of Tuesday to Saturday with working hours being 0830hrs to 1730hrs daily. Our client is offering a 40 hour per week contract with a daily 1-hour unpaid lunch break, perfect for those odd jobs in town!
- a workplace pension scheme.
- 28 days of holiday per year including bank holidays.
- trade pricing on all offered SKUs up to £250 per annum.
- an easily commutable location with free parking.
- part-ownership opportunities for the right candidate in the longer term.
- varied work within a highly interesting environment.
Still interested? In return for these excellent benefits our client is looking for a candidate who:
- has experience working within a retail environment and is interested in shooting and/or country lifestyle products. In short, you’ll want to offer an unparalleled customer journey. Experience working with high-net-worth customers, firearms or luxury country brands is highly sought after by our client but don’t worry they’re looking for a person they can invest in and teach their business to.
- likes diverse work. In post you can expect to: manage our clients’ ‘lifestyle’ shop, merchandise stock, serve customers, ‘signpost’ and ‘up sell’ certain lines, process transactions, manage stock, field email, telephone and in-person enquiries, fulfil online shop/eBay orders, liaise with suppliers, order stock and undertake other duties as required.
- knows what world class customer service looks like, is customer focused and is emotionally intelligent. You’ll understand exactly how to manage a successful customer journey from initial enquiry to post sale support to handling complaints.
- is a team player with high levels of initiative.
- is highly literate & numerate with an exact attention to detail.
- is system savvy. You’ll be highly comfortable using EPOS systems, be confident in using the Microsoft Office package and be willing to learn E-commerce/CRM systems such as Shopify and Zoho CRM.
- is used to working in a busy environment and can reprioritise at short notice.
- has a genuine self-belief and a positive demeanour.
- is an innovative, dynamic & self-driven person.
- can think outside the box and is solution focused.
- believes in being immaculate. Not only will you present yourself in the smartest manner, inline with clientele want, but you will keep our client’s shop to a pristine standard.
Sound like you? You should apply! We look forward to receiving your application and if you have any questions about the opportunity please do call us on 01305 213883.