Posted: 15th January 2018
Salary: Salary on Application
Our client is seeking a primary Service Desk Analyst to join their team based in Bournemouth you will be providing first and second level support through taking calls and handling the resulting incidents or Service Requests.
- Ensure all incidents and Service Requests are successfully and accurately identified, categorised, prioritised, diagnosed and managed in the Service Desk IT Service Management Tool.
- To carry out qualitative checks on the Incident Management process and provide excellent and clear communication of Incidents.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems associated with software and hardware for both local and remote customer environments.
- Configure network and PC software for new members of staff, staff movements, network printer administration and other repetitive activities as well as administration required for staff departures.
- Ensuring incidents and service requests are resolved or updated within the SLA’s.
- Responsible for keeping senior team members informed of unresolved issues or problems.
- Managing workload demands to tight deadlines.
- Following up with users to ensure issues have been adequately resolved.
- Developing effective technical documentation for end users as well as for technical installation documentation for team members.
- Interfacing with 3rd party vendors when necessary.
- Troubleshooting Start-up issues, Hardware Device, Device Driver, and Performance Issues.
- Troubleshooting enterprise names resolution issues and enterprise network printer issues.
- Undertake general administrative tasks and associated recording procedures as required.
- The Service Desk Analyst has access to confidential, private and sensitive information as part of the normal course of their duties. The IT Department procedure document ‘Accessing Confidential Information’ provides important direction on this matter. The Employee Guide sets out further guidance on the handling of Confidential Information and the General Company Rules relating to the use of computers.
- Undertake such other duties as may be delegated by the Head of IT Service Desk or others in direct line management.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder’s experience and qualifications, as may be required for the smooth operation of the business
You will have:
- 3+ years of extensive experience providing IT support in a similar role.
- Experience supporting laptops, desktops and mobile devices.
- Experience with Windows Server Operating systems.
- Account administration in Microsoft Exchange 2013 and Office365.
- Must be practised in PC and printer set-up & maintenance.
- WAN/LAN experience.
- Familiarity with data restores.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge on antivirus solutions.
- Knowledge of remote access tools.
Salary on application