Posted: 10th January 2020
Salary: Up to £10.50 per hour
New stores position available in Lymington to support a small but very busy team, the role will have focus on stores admin and paperwork, but there will be a requirement to lead a small team as well as provide hands-on cover in the stores as the business required.
Our client is a leading manufacturer in their field, and they operate a busy FMCG factory, the stores team support the manufacturing process by ensuring stock levels are maintained and that materials are moved quickly and accurately through the building to the production lines. Your main duties will include the following:
- Assisting the department manager with stores paperwork and IT work.
- Supervising a small team of stores operatives.
- Regular stock control, inventory management and cycle counting.
- Forklift driving
- Hands on stores work dealing with goods in and moving materials through the factory.
- Providing holiday cover to the stores team, which will require occasional shift working.
You will need recent stores / warehouse experience within a manufacturing setting, you must be willing and able to do administrative and IT work Keywords as well as provide hands-on support to the stores team. Applicants will ideally have both counter balance and reach fork lift licenses, but we will consider applications from people with just one of these.
There is an immediate start available for this temporary to permanent position, standard hours of work will be Monday to Friday 08:00 am till 16:00 pm, although some holiday shift cover will be required throughout the year. Starting pay rate will be 10.50 per hour, this will be reviewed if ultimately you are taken on permanently at which point you will also be eligible for a good benefits package.