Posted: 18th July 2018
Salary: £20 +
Location: Sturminster Newton DT10
Job title: Senior Registered Nurse – Nights
Location: Sturminster Newton
Rate of pay: £20.73p/h + enhancements up to £23.53p/h for weekends.
Contract type: 36-42 hours per week, including alternative weekends plus over time
Mploy Healthcare are recruiting for a prestigious care group for one of their home in the beautiful surrounding of Sturminster Newton. Our client provides excellent Nursing and Residential care for elderly residents with serious illness and Dementia. The care team endeavour to provide the highest of care to all residents 24/7.
As the Senior Night Nurse, your role will be key in leading the nursing and care teams within the home supported by the Clinical Lead.
You’ll ensure effective, individual nursing is delivered at all times, maintaining the highest standards and providing your residents with independence and choice. You’ll proactively engage in the development of Nurse and Healthcare Assistants, improving the skills and confidence of the team to ensure objectives are achieved to meet both company standards and those of our regulator.
As a Nurse with impressive clinical skills you will need to demonstrate strong clinical capability within the nursing team, taking responsibility for a variety of complex clinical conditions and decisions. You will promote best practice in matters of wound management, nutrition, tissue viability, catheterisation, venepuncture, peg feeds, syringe drivers, end of life care and other acute clinical interventions.
Other duties will include carrying out clinical audits, assessing and updating individual care plans and covering the role of Clinical Lead for the home in their absence.
You must be a Registered General Nurse with a current NMC PIN. You’ll demonstrate extensive knowledge in acute clinical practice and will bring a wealth of experience in adult nursing to the role. We are looking for an effective leader of people with excellent rapport building and communication skills who can role model our values and ‘lead from the front’. A professional, flexible approach is essential.
- we pay for annual professional subscriptions, including NMC registrations
- support with studies and diploma qualifications (depending on job role)
- excellent inductions, training and ‘on the job’ support
- you’ll be trained to the nationally recognised ‘care certificate’ standard
- we provide fantastic homely environments
- work with friendly teams and a great support network of internal professionals
- offer real career progression opportunities
- reward you for recommending others to work for Colten Care
- we annually review salaries and hourly pay rates
- paid breaks
- additional hours / overtime opportunities
- hot meals on duty, choose from the daily menu
- free uniforms provided
- contributory pension scheme
- background checks at no cost to you