Posted: 7th August 2019
Salary: £75000 - £85000 per annum
Mploy is working with a forward thinking, rapidly growing business based in Basingstoke who are currently keen to recruit for a Senior Network Architect. Their customers and staff are at the heart of the business and their success is a direct result of their commitment to deliver the right solutions to customers coupled with industry leading customer service. The clients services fall into distinct but related areas;
- Networks & Security
You will lead and mentor a team of senior engineers and be based in the network operations centre in Basingstoke, where you will be responsible for driving the design, development and management of the core network, cloud platform along with associated and underlying technologies.
As an expert architect in Cisco Nexus and Juniper technologies you will be troubleshooting issues related to network infrastructure, hardware and applications. You will also be assisting with escalations as requested by the service desk, network engineers and management.
In addition, you will be planning and preparing design documents that clearly specify requirements to suppliers. Also, planning and liaising regarding network upgrades, with respect to network management platform and elements.
In return, you’ll receive an Excellent Basic Salary.
Qualifications – Desirable
- CCNP Service Provider
- CCNP Security
- ITIL Foundation
Experience – Essential
- Demonstrable experience with a proven track record working in a managerial role in a networking engineering environment in a senior engineering role
- Carrier Grade Ethernet, IP, and any scripting languages used in an operations environment
- Working in an operations environment
- Wide area networks and network planning
Skills – Essential
- Good organisational, communication, presentational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical/non-technical colleagues and customers
- Ability to adapt to new situations and develop new skills
- Self-motivated with the proven ability to multi-task whilst staying calm under pressure
- Adept at managing workload and working to deadlines