Posted: 6th February 2019
Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + DOE
Great opportunity to be a key member of the on-site Senior Management Team and to effectively contribute to the success of company. Working with plant staff to determine processing and automation needs of the facility and provide alternatives for continuous improvement in the plant operations, oversees the research, recommendations and leads innovative improvements to upgrade equipment and processes.
- Create automation specification documents
- Responsible for writing validation protocols for automation equipment.
- Issue RFQs for automation projects and/or generate internal quotations
- Manage the quality and cost of automation programs.
- Conducts equipment run off at vendor verifying equipment quality, function, and performance to specification, estimate standard, and product attributes to customer specification.
- Writes and maintains instructions/procedures for safe operation and preventative maintenance for custom equipment
- Trains user site personnel in efficient use of custom automation.
- Maintains updated files for available custom equipment vendors.
- Specifies general design, components, and controls for custom equipment.
- Responsible for continuous improvement projects within the plant. Working with plant staff to identify improvements, develop actions to address, track finances of project and supply completion documentation.
- Creates positive customer relationships through results of sampling and solutions to production problems.
- Maintains updated knowledge on methods, systems and equipment to continuously improve quality and productivity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of the financial aspects of the business.
- Understanding of modern injection moulding techniques and processes.
- Demonstrate ability to display diplomacy in day to day interactions with the commitment to task with awareness of urgency.
- Minimum of five to seven years in a comparable position.
- Experience in high level, PLC-programming including data tracking, indirect addressing, motion control, and sequential function charts.
- Strong automation design background, including dial, CAM, continuous motion, etc.
- Excellent mechanical and electrical skills.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and logical problem-solving skills.
This role is to work Monday to Friday, day shift, salary very much dependant on experience.