Posted: 6th March 2019
Salary: £24000 - £30000 per annum
To provide a full range of technical advice, support and practical assistance to our clients.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Ensure all Hepldesk queries are answered and dealt with appropriately within the agreed service level to the client.
- Deal with general client enquiries and to provide second line field and helpdesk support including:
– Set up new user accounts.
– Password Resets.
– Application issues; Microsoft Desktop.
– Work station operating systems; Microsoft Windows, 7,8,10
– Work station hardware
– Network issues; connectivity.
– Server Administration. First Line work station orientated. Second Line-basic server and routers / networking.
- Log calls and create tickets on the ConnectWise system keeping up-to-date client records;
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all Company procedures;
Principal duties and responsibilities.
- Interact with customers, staff and external third parties, quickly gaining the respect of others, both colleagues and customers at all levels;
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with issues, keeping clients updated and providing feedback on progress of logged issues;
- Provide on-site support as and when required;
- Escalate more complex calls to an appropriate manager/Director for resolution;
- Perfom testing and to support all aspects of testing and acceptance for given projects.
- Evaluate user needs and system functionality, ensuring that IT facilities meet these needs;
- Assist with updates and renewals for software maintenance;
- Support clients in the use of computer equipment by providing training when necessary;
- Teamwork with other personnel to develop and implement technical processes as required.
- Find innovative ways of improving IT services and identify technical advances to support customer’s benefits and opportunities for new business;
- Keep up to date with changes in IT legislation relevant to role;
- Install equipment or software;
- Ensure the smooth running and maximum availability of all IT systems, including email provision, print services and telephones (mobile and fixed);
- Ensure the security of systems and data from internal and external attack.
- Install and oversee the installation of equipment or software.
- Manage crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems;
- Attend necessary training courses in order to build competence in providing technical assistance and support to customers;
- Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved;
- Carry out any other duties that are within the employees skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.