Posted: 2nd September 2019
Salary: £21000 - £25000 per annum
Working as part of a small team, based at a great location, your work will involve supporting clients who are mainly based in Dorset and along the M4 corridor.
Mostly your work will be carried out from your home office, with trips to client sites, when required. Your principal duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure that all helpdesk queries are answered and dealt with appropriately within the agreed service level to the client.
- Deal with general client enquiries and to provide first and second line support on the Helpdesk including but not limited to:
Set up new users
Application issues; Microsoft Office
Workstation operating systems; Microsoft Windows, 7,8,10 and Mac OS
Workstation hardware – HP, Lenovo, Dell
Network and/or internet issues; connectivity
Server administration – workstation orientated and server administration
- Log calls on the ConnectWise system, building and maintaining up-to-date client records.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all Company procedures.
- Interact with customers, staff and external third parties, quickly gaining the respect of others, both colleagues and customers at all levels.
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with issues, keeping clients updated and providing feedback on progress of logged issues.
- Provide on-site support to customers, based in the South of England as and when required.
- Escalate more complex calls to the Service Desk Manager.
- Perform testing and support testing and acceptance procedures for given projects.
- Evaluate user needs and system functionality, ensuring that IT facilities meet these needs.
- Support clients in the use of computer equipment by providing training when necessary.
- Teamwork with other personnel to develop and implement technical processes as required.
- Find innovative ways of improving IT services and identify technical advances to support customer’s benefits and opportunities for new business.
- Keep up to date with changes in IT legislation relevant to role.
- Projects installation of equipment and software
- Ensure the smooth running and maximum availability of all IT systems, including email provision, print services and telephones.
- Ensure the security of systems and data from internal and external attack.
- Manage moderately business critical client situations, which may involve some complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Attend necessary training courses in order to build competence in providing technical assistance and support to customers.
- Liaise with external technical support when required.
- Carry out any other duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
There are some essential requirements for this role:
You need to be Microsoft Certified Professional (or have achieved some substantial and relevant units) and have a full driving licence.
Also essential is that you can demonstrate experience in delivering customer-facing support, preferably to different clients; covering a wide range of software and hardware.
Also desirable is that you are CISCO Certified CCNA.
The hours of work are 09:00 – 17:30, with 1 hour lunch break, Monday to Friday.
Annual leave is 28 days including Bank Holidays.