Posted: 14th August 2019
Salary: £18000 - £24000 per annum
Sales Consultant -Technical Sales within IT and Education
Excellent OTE commission structure
Would you like to work for a global Leader, award winning business for the academic sector?
Do you live in North Somerset?
Do you have a proven track record of selling IT, services or software solutions? Or have you worked in sales within the education sector?
If so we would like to hear from you!
Mploy Staffing Solutions, acting as a recruitment agency are recruiting for an exciting permanent role based in north Somerset.
If you have a strong sales background, and a work history of dealing with high net worth clients in the commercial sector , we would like to hear from you.
The job specifics:
- Proactively approach the Education sector within a sales territory with a view to becoming their preferred provider
- Identify key personnel within institutions, approach them and seek a face to face meeting.
- Explain our entire range of services and solutions we provide
- Generate opportunities to provide system proposals/quotations, follow up and close the business.
- Identify potential marketing/event opportunities
- Manage existing accounts, keeping them informed of the latest products that support teaching and learning.
- Encourage the use of product technology across all curriculum areas
- Achieve a monthly and annual sales target
- Deliver sales activity reports and sales forecasts
- Build and maintain a sales pipeline, prospect list and client database
- Approach all academic accounts within your sales territory
- Identify key decision makers and seek an introduction meeting
- Build personal relationships and maintain them with regular contact
- Become their trusted advisor
- Develop and maintain a set of key accounts
- Communicate/demonstrate our solutions
- Identify potential opportunities to market our services, events, trade fairs, teach meets
- Manage all aspects of the relationship, sales, service, training – account manage
- Attend training
- Sustain and develop product knowledge
The Ideal Candidate will have the following;
- a proven sales track record of selling IT, services or software
- solutions into the academic sector.
- They will need to possess excellent communications skills, written, verbal and be comfortable with
- presenting to senior leadership and groups of teachers
- Self-motivation- target driven, competitive with a desire to win business in a competitive market
- drive, persistence, responsibility, enthusiasm, optimism and energy. Interpersonal Skills – strong verbal communicator, team player, good listening skills, empathy, approachable and
- Affinity for Technology – good general understanding of and liking for technology.
- Ability to learn – academic achievements or previous career progression.
- Experience – must have sales, customer services or industry (IT) experience.
Salary – Basic salary of 18k to 24k+ p.a. depending on experience.
On target commission earnings of 9,600 p.a.
Company car or car allowance circa 4.6k per annum
28 days holidays including bank holidays
Company pension scheme
MacBook Air, iPad, iPhone