Posted: 22nd May 2023
Salary: £38000 per annum
Location: Dorchester DT2
Looking for ‘not your average’ Retail/Sales opportunity? Want to work for a well-established luxury furniture retailer with over 145 years of trading experience and a growing ecommerce presence? Highly lucrative uncapped commission & a generous pension scheme appeal? Great! We want to hear from you!
MPLOY is looking to source a permanent Sales Advisor for a valued client in Dorchester, Dorset.
Why should you be interested? Our client is offering
- a permanent and salaried opportunity with on target earning potential ranging between £30,000 to £38,000 per annum thanks to an uncapped percentage-based commission scheme (delivered sales), details available upon request.
- a 38 hour per week contract with a Monday to Sunday working pattern, planned by rota. Perfect for those odd jobs in the week.
- 28 days of holiday per annum, including Bank Holidays.
- a fully paid workplace pension scheme where our client will pay the full 8% contribution (post probation period). This equates to an annual saving of £617.70 per annum.
- significant staff discounts on completion of your probationary period.
- an opportunity where no formal qualifications are a necessity. Our client would look to develop you via in-house training, including manufacturer training in London, Norway etc.
- free parking in a very commutable central location in Dorchester.
Still interested? In return for these excellent benefits our client is looking for a candidate who:
- is a great host. You’ll know what world class customer service looks like and will be highly motivated in developing relationships/making sales. You can expect to be driving furniture & ‘add-on’ sales whilst keeping customers up to date on lead times & delivery dates. You’ll manage the customer journey from initial enquiry through to post sale support.
- is an experienced salesperson or desperately wants to be one. An ability to demonstrate high levels of initiative & proactive sales successes, in any field/sector, will be highly valued by our client.
- is organised. You can expect to manage your sales ‘pipeline’, diary & time, reprioritise at short notice and be able set & achieve ‘SMART’ sales goals. You’ll be an expert in managing objections, demonstrating added value and closing deals.
- is flexible. Although our client has modern EPOS/CRM systems expect to process sales whilst sat on a sofa, bit old school & different eh!
- has a genuine self-belief and a positive demeanour.
- is a team player. You’ll collaborate closely with our client’s showroom team to smash your sales targets, don’t worry it’ll be worth your time as our client tends to double commission paid when the team wins!
- is familiar with sales techniques such as push/pull, SPIN, APAC & the ‘Onion’.
- is system savvy. Working with the Microsoft Office package won’t phase you and expect to learn new systems such as our clients’ Swan Furniture Retail System. You’ll also be confident using modern telephone systems.
- is an articulate communicator with an excellent standard of written & spoken English.
- is lucky! Jokes aside, you’ll be able to demonstrate behaviours which increase ‘provoked luck’ within sales such as: empathy, assertiveness, resilience, building rapport, problem solving, adaptability, influence etc.
- has a good sense of humour and can remain calm when it all goes wrong!
Sound like you? You should apply! We look forward to receiving your application and if you have any questions about the opportunity please do call us on 01305 213883.