Posted: 17th March 2023
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
Are you an experienced commercial manager with restaurant & retail experience looking to work for a world-renowned & multi award winning UK museum? Fancy your place of work having over 400 historic vehicles, a racetrack and over 100,000 visitors a year? Leading, mentoring and growing a front of house, online shop and cafe team appeal? What about a strong benefits package and family friendly work? Great! We want to hear from you!
MPLOY is looking to find a permanent and full time Retail & Café Commercial Manager for an established client in Sparkford, Somerset.
Why should you be interested? Our client is offering:
- A salary of £30,000 to £35,000 PA dependant on your experience.
- Company pension scheme.
- A family friendly working pattern of Monday to Friday, with some weekend working (circa 3 weekends PA), with hours of work being 0900hrs to 1730hrs.
- 29 days of holiday PA rising to 33 days in line with long service awards.
- Free admission to the museum/events for you and your family.
- Significant staff discounts in the café and museum shop.
- Continual professional development opportunities inline with your need in post.
- Free parking with only a 17-minute commute by car from Yeovil.
Still interested? In return for these excellent benefits our client is looking for a candidate who:
- is a highly skilled, experienced & entrepreneurial commercial manager with a track record of successfully managing commercial operations & multi discipline teams. Not to worry you don’t have to come from a museums background and you’ll be joining our client at a very exciting time. You’ll have an unprecedented opportunity to establish a strategic direction within your teams with the objective of growing all revenue generating arms of our client’s charity. You can expect a unique blend of ‘hands on’ and strategic work with a guarantee that no two days will ever be the same!
- is an experienced line manager & mentor who knows how to get the best out of people in a collaborative manner. In short, you’ll be a highly effective ‘people person’. You can expect to be working closely with our client’s highly experienced Front of House, Online Retail and Café Assistant Managerswith a wider team totalling 16 reports. You’ll be expected to utilise your resources/budgets effectively to meet key targets whilst fostering a spirit of teamwork, unity & empowerment. You’ll drive profitable performance whilst ensuring a truly exceptional visitor experience.
- is a team player. Bar managing your teams you can expect to work closely with our client’s CEO, Head of Marketing & Communications and the wider Senior Executive Teamto develop museum wide plans whilst harmonising in-museum & online promotional activities to maximise sales.
- is system savvy with established experiences in implementing & managing ticketing, EPOS and e-commerce systems/platforms. Experience working with the Shopify platform is highly sought after by our client.
- has established experience in buying, product development, account management and product sourcing. You’ll be responsible for curating a collection of highly profitable, unique and appropriate products to be sold both online and in museum. You can expect to author a purchasing strategy, drive merchandising improvements and ensure best possible purchase prices, mark-ups/margins, delivery times, product exclusivity, stock volumes and supplier relationships. You’ll know how to import in a post Brexit environment and will make sure our client’s stock is in the right place at the right time.
- knows what exceptional visitor experience looks like across Front of House & Café contexts. Having understood our client’s operations and identified areas for improvement you’ll drive process/service improvements with a team wide commitment to continual improvement.
Sound like you? Why not apply! We look forward to your application and for more details call us on 01305 213883.