Posted: 13th August 2019
Repairs and Maintenance Manager
An exciting new position has become available to join a well-established, housing association as a Repairs and Maintenance Manager in Dorset.
The successful candidate will oversee the work of 30 Contractors, covering 1,700 rental properties in the South-West. This is an extremely varied position which will be predominantly site based.
Overview of responsibilities
- Be on site to oversee refurbishment and maintenance projects
- Being hands-on with trade operatives to resolve problems, ensuring customers are kept informed and any relevant information is fed back into the systems for measurement
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensure operatives to have the right materials, tools and information required
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Regulations, including safe working practices, undertaking of risk assessments and accurate reporting and recording of accidents and near misses
- Ensure practices are in place to reach agreed deadlines, and have clear communication with schedulers to ensure jobs are organised efficiently
- Responsible for being up to date with legislation and regulations, attending relevant training to support this
- Pull in subcontractors where required, in accordance with delegated authority, arranging to meet them on site, then see work through to practical completion
- Accurately record van stock/materials used on jobs to enable accurate costing information
- Familiarise yourself with company policies and procedures, including complaint and safeguarding
- Record accurate information on projects, identifying trends and recurrent issues and finding solutions
- Provide effective management and leadership to the team, recruiting, training and developing trade operatives
- Lead and contribute to weekly, quarterly and annual meetings
- Ensure trade operatives have sufficient understanding of measures, to be able to learn and improve work on a continual basis
- Deliver training on a one-to-one or group basis to specific trades
- Monitor and action sickness, miss-conduct and behaviours of all staff
- Conduct appraisals and disciplinaries in line with company guidelines
The successful candidate will have a strong background in construction, people management skills and have a hands-on, can-do approach to problem solving.
If you feel you are the right person for this position, please get into contact with Grant at the Mploy Bournemouth office on 01202 558635.